The Scott County Shooters Exhibit

Last evening, Jeanette and I went to Georgetown to support some photography friends. The Scott County Shooters' (and, no, this group has nothing to do with guns or hunting!) is a group of talented and yet diverse photographers. Jeanette and I both ooohed and ahhhed over so many of the prints. From churches, exotic birds, horses (of course, Georgetown is home to many horse farms), beaches,landscapes, and even jails, I couldn't choose a favorite picture if I had too. Well, maybe one, the Tybee Lighthouse print just totally blew me away. If I did not know it was a photograph, I would have thought it was a painting.

Although I don't know all of the featured photographers, I do know several including some of the ladies who have contribued a ton of time and effort into making this a successful exhibit: Dewanna Marcum, Brenda Fogle and Ida Marcum...you ladies have done yourself proud!



After visiting for a little bit, Jeanette and I took our leave with a couple detours of our own. First, the Georgetown Arts and Cultural Center is housed in a beautiful older brick building with stained glass windows. We just couldnt resist having our own little photoshoot outside. Then we went across the road to check out the log cabin by the water. Having never driven through downtown Georgetown and not knowing much about the area, I was very impressed. From the clock tower on the courthouse, the college campus, to the Royal Springs flowing through the park, Georgetown seems to offer a bountiful supply of scenic opportunities. So many I may have to return on a sunny day.

So, if you happen to be in the area, be sure to visit the Scott County Arts and Cultural at 117 North Water Street. I am sure you will enjoy this exhibit as well as other upcoming exhibits. Or if you are a photographer looking for an opportunity to learn with others, I am sure the Scott County Shooters would welcome you.

Until next time...

0 comments:

Post a Comment